Many of the people who decide to go to a psychologist do so because they want to improve some particular aspects of their lives, which can cause a stressful situation. This does not mean that they need therapy as such since it would be to develop or enhance specific skills, behaviors, or personal resources sporadically. We would be faced with a situation that we went through, and we do not know how to face it or, we want to see the opinion of a psychologist regarding what concerns us. In this situation, people do not have a problem that creates suffering or psychological distress continuously, and that affects them significantly in their lives, but they want a punctual help to make personal changes.
Psychological counseling is a process of technical and professional help that is requested in a situation of indecision, difficulty or crisis regarding a personal, family or social event, and that does not require therapy as such, but an orientation to be able to resolve these issues.
Counseling and psychological counseling sessions can be held only once in which the person needs support in some part of their life, or at specific moments in isolation in which the person needs some help in any area of their life. Our psychologists will provide you with adequate information and guidelines to solve this difficult situation by:
1. Recognition and description of the problem or stressful situation.
2. Search, selection, and evaluation of response strategies.
3. Realization of the selected strategy
Psychological counseling is not only requested by the person who faces a problem but also those people who do not know how to act or how to help people in their environment (parents, siblings, children, couple …) who are going through a problematic situation
What Psychological Advice And Advice Are Used For
- Improvement of self-esteem
- Social skills.
- Emotional control and coping with stress in specific situations.
- Public speaking.
- Planning of decision making.
- Management of work stress
- Preparation for job interviews.
- Decision making on time.
- Positive thinking…
- Social and communication skills.
- Pulse control.
- Personal growth (Search for meaning and own satisfaction).
- I am coping with life crises and life changes.
- Care of people with physical and psychic dependencies.
- Study techniques and exams.